TIME: 10 min
For the salted caramel whipped cream:
- 240ml (1 cup) whipping/heavy cream
- ⅛ tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp caramel syrup, plus extra to serve
For the frozen hot chocolate:
- 3 cups crushed ice – see notes
- 180ml (6 fl.oz.) milk
- 2 packets (approx. 1 cup) hot chocolate powder
- Place all of the ingredients for the caramel cream into a medium-sized bowl and give it a quick stir to combine.
- Pour the cream into a whipped cream dispenser. Place one N2O charger inside the charger holder, screw onto the dispenser and release the gas.
- Unscrew the charger holder, and discard the charger, then shake the canister 15-20 times.
- Place the cream dispenser into the fridge to chill while you make the hot chocolate.
- Put the crushed ice into a blender, then add the milk and hot chocolate powder. Blend until a thick slush has formed, without any large lumps of ice left.
- Pour the frozen hot chocolate into two tall glasses, then use the whipped cream dispenser to pipe the salted caramel cream on top. Serve with an extra drizzle of caramel syrup.