This vanilla cheesecake foam is an exciting way to create a light, fluffy dessert using your whipped cream dispenser that requires no baking and minimal effort. It has all the taste of a delicious cheesecake, but with a wonderfully unique texture!
TIME: 70 min
- 225g (8oz) cream cheese
- 100ml (1/4 cup) water
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 50g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 50g (3 heaped tbsp) vanilla yogurt
- 1 tbsp clear honey (optional) – see notes
- 150g (1 1/2 cups) ginger biscuits (or Graham crackers), crushed
- Fresh raspberries to serve
- Beat the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand whisk) until smooth and silky, with no lumps.
- Add the water, vanilla, sugar, yogurt and honey (if using), then continue to whisk until smooth and combined.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve, then pour into your whipped cream dispenser. Place one N2O charger inside the charger holder, screw onto the dispenser and release the gas. Unscrew the charger holder, and discard the charger.
- Shake canister 4-5 times.
- Repeat the process with a second N2O charger
- Place the cream dispenser into the fridge for at least one hour to chill.
- When ready to serve, divide the crushed biscuits/crackers among four individual ramekins.
- Remove the whipped cream dispenser from the fridge, give it another quick shake, then dispense the foam on top of the biscuit base.
- Top with raspberries or other seasonal fruit.
Note: Test the cheesecake mixture before adding the honey to gauge the sweetness level according to your personal taste – depending on the kind of cream cheese or yogurt used, you may find that you don’t need it.
Try and serve the cheesecake as soon after dispensing as possible, to ensure that the foam doesn’t sink.